Top 10 most influential books
Earlier this week I was challenged to share the 10 books that have inspired me most in my life. Up to the challenge, I began my list. I soon realized that limiting the list to 10 was going to be more difficult than I thought!
Here is my list of top 10 books that have inspired me the most:
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho (pretty much all of his books that I’ve read to-date)
- Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert (read it, watched the movie, loved it all!)
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle – Not a light read, but worth it!
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom – If you haven’t read it yet, you should!
- A Course In Miracles – every read gives me more insight!
- The Power of Intention – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer (The top 10 list could have been all Wayne Dyer!)
- A Prayer for Owen Meany – John Irving (remember this book from English class in high school, that was a LONG time ago – nuff said!)
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway! – Susan Jeffers (the title says it all!)
- Yesterday I Cried – Iyanla Vanzant (A great book if you feel like you’re alone in your struggle)
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X – Alex Haley (the first book I ever read that inspired me to do “something” with my life)
An honourable mention has to go to Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill (Reading the book and doing the workbook exercises helped me to get focused and make major changes in my life in 2013!)
As a sidenote, in the Facebook post with this list, I tagged the authors I could and only slightly embarrassed to say that I giggled when I saw that Elizabeth Gilbert “liked” my post – LOL! 😀
What books have inspired you in your life? I’m looking for some good books to cuddle up with as the weather cools down 🙂